Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I DID IT!

I've been in direct sales for oh.....13 years and have NOTHING to show for it. Before all you non DS believers say "yea that's because that stuff don't work" read on....

My biggest fear ever was to go into strange people's houses. Therefore I'd do the parties within my group, which usually didn't result in any bookings because I would never ask in hopes of not having to go to some strange house. So I'd do about 3 shows and be done. Then move on to the next "fabulous" company.

Over the years, as you can imagine, I've gathered some things from many companies. About a month and a half ago I decided enough was enough! I had a member of my WIN group, talk about her business and how she had a $6.2 million dollar team last year. That in itself floored me to have somebody so close be so successful. I thought, that is who I'm looking for! They say if you want to be successful you have to surround yourself with successful people (you are who you hang around with). After talking with her I decided to join Tastefully Simple and give it all I have. So, I'm writing a book over ONE accomplishment haha.

My upline had given me a lead for a show she could not do. I did it yesterday! I never met this woman or her guests before-complete strangers. It was SOOOO fun to meet new people. It was interesting to learn a little about each one. The sales aren't great right now because she also had a jewelry party going at the same time, however it did result in at least 2 bookings and she is rebooking for January (total of 3 bookings). I see that as a total success! Your business ends if you get no bookings, so with 3 my business will continue. That is just for this hostess I have other shows booked :)

This post was written prior to coffee, that's my excuse if it makes no sense.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is great Bridget!!!I think you will do great in this field!!!Every one needs to eat and their food is awesome!!!Congrats!